Polígono Industrial Las Casas. C/D Parcela 54. Nave 6. 42005. Soria.
Phone: 975 215 101
FADESS works to achieve the full integration of people with disabilities during all stages of their lives and in all social environments and to make equal opportunities effective. The Foundation is based on the following principles:
- Participation of people with disabilities in society
- Removal of barriers that prevent them from participating
- Opening of the different spheres of society
- Raising public awareness in favour of strategies for equal opportunities
FADESS was born under the protection of the Virgen del Camino Association of Relatives of People with Mental Illness of Soria
Point of information, attention and integration. Each year, different requests come to the Foundation requiring information on mental illness, existing resources, own activities ..., which are attended by professionals, in person at our offices or via internet or telephone. These consultations come not only from users of relatives or users with mental illness but also from health professionals, educators, social workers, etc.
Home Care Program. After the contact established with the CEAS of the province of Soria, the Home Care Programme is set in motion, subsidised by the Provincial Council and the Town Hall of Soria. A program that tries to provide coverage at home to all those people affected by chronic mental illness who, after having been diagnosed in the Mental Health Service, return to their usual residence or due to the demographic dispersion of the province cannot go to an appropriate resource. A total of 36 cases were attended between the capital and the province.
Therapeutic Floor Program. The agreement with the Health Management allows us to develop the Therapeutic Floor Programme and to have 8 housing places, with the aim of providing the necessary skills to people with mental illness in Soria and the province to enable them to live independently and develop a life project. During this year a total of 19 people with this problem have been attended in this resource.
GRADIOR Cognitive Rehabilitation Program. Throughout the year an individualised cognitive rehabilitation programme is carried out for users, coordinated by the entity and with the help of computer staff. The sessions are programmed in such a way that each user receives two cognitive rehabilitation sessions per computer per week, throughout the year. At the same time, patients admitted to the Psychiatric Rehabilitation Unit have been able to participate in it.
Labour Intermediation Service. The FADESS Foundation and the Virgen del Camino Association continue to offer the Labour Intermediation Service, which aims to improve the labour integration of people with mental illness. The actions carried out have been the following: initial interview with each of the beneficiary users to define individual objectives, elaboration of personalised itineraries of labour insertion, provision of different tools and labour skills to face a job interview and once this has been achieved, to be able to maintain it. Job prospecting with companies has occupied an important place through information on hiring people with disabilities, the use of alternative measures in favour of employment and disability and the good use of social responsibility policies in companies. Along the same lines, both private and public entities have been offered the services of the CEE Servifadess, created by the Fadess Foundation at the end of 2008 and whose staff is made up of 47 workers.
Others: Family Breathing Programme, Leisure and Free Time, Asamis March, Popular Careers, Walking Routes, Excursions, Rural Holidays, Cultural Week, Workshops, Courses, Themed Discussions, Training for companies, Training for Professionals in leisure and free time.
Collaboration with the Educational Intervention Unit of the Red Cross. During the year 2017 we have continued to work with the Red Cross, offering the possibility of carrying out services in our centres to minors who are waiting to provide services to the community by court order.
Training for companies: Throughout 2017, the following courses have been given:
- Virgen del Camino Association: "Relationship of help" and "Ego and self-care".
- C.E.E. Servifadess: "Safety and maintenance in the workplace", "Motivation in the workplace", "Direction and management of the kitchen", "Work skills and care in the workplace", "Basic work in the kitchen".
- Asovica Residence: "Contention and emotional management in the workplace". The participants of the courses have collaborated actively. They have been highly motivated by the topics dealt with and the problems raised.
Training for Professionals in leisure and free time: In 2017, various training courses were held for professionals in leisure and free time, through an agreement with the City Council of Soria. They were developed concretely:
- Two Leisure Time Monitor Courses. The two courses were attended by a total of 25 participants per training action, who were trained in matters of leisure and free time, legislation, programming of activities, study of the medium, monitor profile, integration, crafts and expression, and so on. At the same time, they had to do a percentage of the hours telematically and remotely. In total, 150 hours of theoretical-practical work were done during the course.
- A Special Needs Youth Monitor Course. The students were trained in special needs, disabilities, the concept of impairment and handicap, legislation, adaptations and technical aids, minors at risk, behavioural problems, mental illness, etc. The course was attended by a total of 20 people who also had to do a part at a distance to cover the 100 total hours of the course.
Asociación Virgen del Camino
Yes and yes